- In 2007, model and burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese showed off her curves in a racy new ad promoting spaying and neutering pets. The ad unveiled by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals stars the former Marilyn Manson flame as a corset-wearing spokeswoman for the group's ABC animal birth control campaign.
- In 2004, Silverstone was voted "Sexiest Female Vegetarian" by PETA. In 2007, Silverstone appeared nude in a print advertisement and 30-second commercial for PETA championing vegetarianism, and the TV spot was subsequently pulled from the Houston, Texas, market by Comcast Cable.
- Smith has also been featured in advertisements for the animal rights group PETA. Spoofing Marilyn Monroe's "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" segment in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, a 2004 ad states "Gentlemen prefer fur-free blondes."
- Pink, who follows a strict vegetarian lifestyle, is a prominent campaigner for PETA, contributing her voice towards causes such as KFC's alleged poor treatment of chickens. She sent a letter to Prince William criticizing him for fox hunting and one to Queen Elizabeth II protesting about the use of real fur in the bearskins of the Foot Guards and the Honourable Artillery Company.
- Dennis Rodman was the first man, and the first sports star to pose (naked) for PETA's advertisement campaign "Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur".
- Pamela Anderson is a vegetarian, an advocate for animal rights, and an active member of the animal protection organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), taking part in several campaigns for animal rights. She became a vegetarian in her early teens when she walked in on her dad slaughtering an animal he had just hunted.
One of Anderson's campaigns as a member of PETA has been against the use of fur. In 1999, Anderson received the first Linda McCartney Memorial Award for animal rights protectors, in recognition of her campaign against fur. In 2003, Anderson stripped down for PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" advertising campaign. On June 28, 2006, Anderson posed naked with other protesters on a window display of the Stella McCartney boutique in London, England. It was a PETA gala event before the PETA Humanitarian Awards. Anderson went inside the boutique and said she would take her clothes off if the event raised enough money for PETA, which it did.
|Pets Do Activity|
Currently Active Users: 36 (0 members and 36 guests)
Users Active within the last 24 hours
|Pets Do Staff / Ranks|
Staff: Admin Moderator Member
Rank Colors: (low) Private > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > President (high)
|Pets Do Statistics|
|Topics: 20,147, Comments: 5,312, Members: 3
Welcome our newest member: marvin